Common conditions that we treat include:
- Back pain and neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- General stiffness and soreness
- Reduced mobility
To do that we offer a variety of techniques such as:
- Soft tissue manipulation and massage – We take a hands-on approach to treating soft tissue injuries using both manipulation and massage to reduce inflammation and start the healing process.
- Manual traction – We use our hands to provide controlled and specific force to areas of injury to reduce pain. This therapy can be paired with options for traction and self-traction to hasten healing.
- Joint manipulation and mobilization – This physiotherapy technique involves a passive movement of a skeletal joint to reduce pain and restore mobility.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medicine technique to treat a number of painful conditions such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndromes, among others. In the process, the skin is repeatedly penetrated by thin, metallic needs. The process works to correct imbalances of flow at points close to the skin and bring relief from pain and stiffness.
- Taping and joint strapping – The body’s natural healing process can be enhanced with the support and stability of kinesiotaping for muscles and joints. Kinesiology taping and joint strapping do not restrict the body’s normal range of motion and its natural soft tissue manipulation enhances the benefits of your regular physiotherapy treatments.
- Electrotherapy – Electrotherapy is when electrical energy is used to speed up the healing of a wound and reduce pain.
In the second phase of your treatment, the rehabilitation phase, we focus on restoring your normal movement and then we move to functional movement. Our ability to utilize the facilities at Virgin Active Belfast allows our rehabilitation services to reach the highest standards.
Among the facilities we offer are:
- Aqua rehabilitation
- Gym rehabilitation
- Electronic personalized exercise protocols
In our general orthopedics work, we do not walk away as soon as you start to recover. We are committed to your continuing care long after you have finished a course of treatment to ensure that you continue to progress and that your injury does not re-occur.
Our after care programs include:
- Yoga – When practiced regularly, the benefits of yoga include improved muscular strength, endurance, flexibility, postural alignment, body awareness, circulation, digestion, respiration, immune function, bone strength, normalized blood pressure and reduced or normalized body weight.
- Pilates – Pilates is a system of physical conditioning that can improve overall health and wellness and strength and add flexibility to the body.